Helios Support is a water-soluble PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) support material for complex multi-extrusion 3D printing with styrene-based materials, or thermoplastics that need to be 3D printed at elevated temperatures. Helios Support is a 3D printer filament with excellent thermal stability that can be 3D printed at nozzle temperatures up to 250° C. This makes Helios Support an ideal PVA support material with good thermal and chemical adherence to Styrene-based filaments and other materials that need to be 3D printed at higher temperatures.
- Good solubility in lukewarm water
- Circulating water will speed up the dissolvability process
- Excellent thermal stability, resulting in minimal risk on deterioration/crystalizing inside the nozzle
- Max thermal stability of 250° C, tested up to 256 seconds with no flow
- Can be printed in heated build chambers up to 60° C
- Biodegradable once dissolved in water
- Safe dissolution in tap water
- Can be disposed of in the kitchen sink, or household drain with an excess of water
- Good bonding to Styrene-based materials and other (thermo)plastics that print within a similar temperature range
- Good adherence to ABS, TitanX, ClearScent ABS, ApolloX, Crystal Flex, Python Flex and Volcano PLA
- Reliable multi-extrusion 3D printing of complex structures that require a water-soluble support material
- 3D printing geometries with large overhangs, or complex hollow structures
- PVA Molds
General printing guidelines *
|Nozzle size: ≥ 0.15mm||Layer height: ≥ 0.1mm||Experience level: Expert|
|Print temp: ± 235 - 255° C *||Fan speed: 0 - 30%|
|Heat bed: ± 65 - 75° C||Enclosure needed: No|
*) Above displayed settings are meant as guidance to find your optimal print settings. These ranges in settings should work for most printers, but please do feel free to experiment outside these ranges if you think it is suitable for your printer. There are a lot of different type of printers, hot-ends, and printer offset that it is extremely difficult to give an overall one-size-fits-all setting.
*) Once Helios Support has been used or opened from its original vacuum-sealed packaging for a while it is advised to dry the material before using again.
Spool Weight: 0.3kg